Hollis Terminal Supervisor
Job Title: Hollis Terminal Supervisor
Pay Range: $$
Immediate Supervisors: Terminal Manager
The Terminal Supervisor will be responsible for supervising terminal operations. Under the direct supervision of the Terminal manager, the Terminal Supervisor will participate in training and scheduling terminal agents as well as participate in all hiring and employee evaluations for the Hollis Terminal. The Terminal Supervisor may serve as the Facility Safety officer for their terminal.
The Terminal Supervisor will also be responsible for all regular Terminal Agent duties including, but not limited to, customer service, maintaining reservation equipment, and coordinating terminal security with Company Security Officer. The Terminal Supervisor will be the primary person responsible for the satisfactory resolution of customer service disputes that occur in the Hollis terminal.
As leaders in the Marine Transportation Industry, IFA employees are responsible to instill an atmosphere with passengers that riding the ferry is a pleasure and not just a need. To that end, every IFA employee is responsible for overall passenger safety and satisfaction. All necessary steps must be taken to correct conditions or to report conditions that could endanger passenger safety or satisfaction in any manner on and off the vessels. This includes IFA vessels, vehicles, access ramps, offices, terminals and terminal grounds.
Pre-employment drug screens are a requirement to all DOT personnel with safety sensitive security duties.
Under direction of the Terminal Manager:
- Assure a high level of customer service at the Hollis IFA terminal
- Provide Level 2 response to all customer service disputes that occur at the Hollis terminal. Facilitate the satisfactory resolution of al customer service disputes
- Assist Terminal Manager in all hiring, evaluating, terminating and disciplining actions that occur at the Hollis Terminal
- Assure that reservation and ticketing procedures are followed uniformly and assist the Terminal Manager in maintaining the Terminal Agent Procedure Handbook
- Assist the Terminal manager with training and supervising Hollis terminal staff
- Assume duties of the Facility Security Office so that IFA maintains compliance with all applicable security regulations
- Answer customer and other agent questions and help them to resolve problems concerning schedules, rates or other ferry system operation policies, in person and over the phone
- Collect money in accordance with published rate schedule, make reservations, change existing reservations, issue tickets for ferry customers including walk-ons and vehicles
- Balance the till and prepare a daily report of sales to submit to Terminal Manager
- Comply with procedures to ensure security of funds and ticket stock
- Janitorial and some maintenance duties
- Assist vessel staff as needed with line handling, vessel loading and unloading, and other duties as requested by vessel Mate or Master
- Other duties as required
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of IFA policies, rules, procedures and tariff schedules
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public
- Accurately and rapidly calculate single and multiple fares for pedestrians and a wide variety of vehicle types and passenger combinations
- Collect money and accurately make change under time constraints
- Assume responsibility and account for large sums of money
- Be physically able to assist with vessel loading and unloading, line handling, and other duties in various weather conditions
- Ability to work without direct supervision and be self-motivated
- Prepare accurate, legible and timely sales reports
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both written and oral
- Good organizational and time management skills
Required Certificates & Credentials
Transportation Workers Identification Credentials (TWIC) within 30 days of Hire
Valid Alaska Drivers License
All IFA Terminal Agents must be well groomed and dress in a manner that presents a professional image
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time hourly position with full benefits. Benefit package includes: vacation, sick and holiday pay, health and life insurance, PERS retirement program, IFA travel benefits and optional supplemental life and disability insurance. Optional benefits require payment from employee.